LIGO Gravitational Wave Candidate Event Database with Earth Tides
An Excel spreadsheet contains all the LIGO gravitational wave candidates and the earth tide details.
That spreadsheet is available in pdf here in several parts, LIGOpt1 , GraceDBpt2, Legends .
GraceDB is an online Gravitational-Wave Candidate Event Database
Its records begin in 2019.
These candidates are reviewed and some of them are placed in the LIGO list available in Wikipedia.
As of September 28, 2019 here are the coincidences between these candidate events and their associated earth tide events.
There are 38 candidate events in GraceDB for 13 earth tide events.
This topic is a follow up to the topic titled LIGO Event Trigger Timing.
Clearly LIGO filters out GW detections with a lower probability. GraceDB has all GW candidates so that list has a different count when covering fewer years.
One comparison about this check for 'rubust' detections published in the LIGO list.
In the LIGO list begun in 2015
All 41 events in Wikipedia are within 6 days of an earth tide peak.
In the GraceDB list begun in 2019:
All 38 events in GraceDB are within 7 days of an earth tide peak.
The celestial events causing an earth tide in this time period: Full Moon, New Moon, PeriGee, PeriHelion, Moon-Jupiter alignment.
* - is in LIGO list
- is not in LIGO list
NOP = No PR_READY. The last status indicator for an event progression in the Grace data base is PE_READY and those events usually get published in the Wikipedia LIGO list; NOP indicates this event does not have that final PE_READY status.
NM-19-04-05 --- caused one trigger, after this event
- S190405ar _ same day as NM not in LIGO list _ NOP
* S190408an _ 3 days after NM
PG-19-04-15 --- caused one trigger, before this event
S19040412m 4 days before PG
MJ-19-04-23_ resulted in 3 triggers, 1 before, 2 after
* S190421ar _ 2 days before MJ _ NOP
* S190425z _ 2 days after MJ
* S190426c _ 3 days after MJ
NM-19-05-04 _ resulted in 2 triggers, 1 before, 1 after
* S190503bf _ 1 day before NM
- S190510g _ 6 days after NM _ not in LIGO list _ NOP
FM-19-05-18 _ resulted in 6 triggers, 3 before, 3 after
* S190512at _ 6 days before FM
* S190513bm _ 5 days before FM
* S190517h _ 1 day before FM
- S190518bb _ same day as FM but not in LIGO list _ NOP
* S190519bj _ 1 day after FM
* S190521g _ 3 days after FM
* S190521r _ 3 days after FM
- S190524a _ 6 days after FM _ not in LIGO list _ NOP
NM-19-06-03 --- caused one trigger, before this event
* S190602aq _ 1 day before NM
NM-19-07-02 _ solar eclipse _ resulted in 4 triggers, 2 before, 2 after
* S190630ag _ 2 days before NM
* S190701br _ 1 day before NM
* S190706ai _ 4 days after NM
* S190707q _ 5 days after NM
FM-19-07-18 --- caused 2 triggers, 1 before, 1 after
- S190718y _ same day as FM but not in LIGO list _ NOP
* S190720a _ 2 days after FM
NM-19-07-31 -- caused 2 triggers, both before
* S190727h _ 4 days before NM
* S190728q _ 3 days before NM
FM-19-08-15 -- caused 3 triggers, 1 before, 2 after
- S190808ae _ 7 days before FM _ not in LIGO list _ NOP
* S190814bv _ 1 day before FM
- S190816i _ 1 day after FM
- S190822c _ 7 days after FM _ not in LIGO list _ NOP
NM-19-08-30 --- caused 3 triggers, 2 before, 1 after
* S190910d _ 3 days before FM
* S190828j _ 2 days before NM
* S190828l _ 2 days before NM
* S190901ap _ 2 days after NM
FM-19-09-13 -- caused 3 triggers, 2 before, 1 after
* S190910d _ 3 days before FM
* S190910h _ 3 days before FM
* S190915ak _ 2 days after FM
NM-19-09-28 -- caused 2 triggers before
* S190923y _ 5 days before NM _ NOP
* S190924h _ 4 days before NM
The distribution of days (days=count):
0=3, 1=8, 2=8, 3=7, 4=4, 5=3, 6=2, 7=2
19 of 37 events in GraceDB are within 2 days of an earth tide peak.
All 37 events in GraceDB are within 7 days of an earth tide peak.
Note: the two outliers at 7 days were in one set of 4 events, at opposite ends, associated with one full moon. Both do not have the PE_READY status.
Neither are in the LIGO list in Wikipedia. Ignoring those 2 outliers leaves all 36 within 6 days. That is the same 6-day range as in the Wikipedia list of events since 2015.
link to GraceDB
Hit back to go to previous page in history.
Last updated (09/28/2019)
Here is the list of topics in this Cosmology Topic Group , including my research.
Ctrl + for zoom in; Ctrl - for zoom out ; Ctrl 0 for no zoom;
triple-tap for zoom to fit; pinch for zoom change; pinched for no zoom