Black hole gravity laws?
The post described the effects of a black hole at the center of a galaxy.
This post and pictures violate Einstein's special theory of relativity (STR) so these 'laws' have wrong assumptions.
Here is a partial description of the problem given STR has many consequences.
1. STR applies only to the accelerating observer (AO). All other observes follow normal physics. This is why it is 'special.'
2. STR arose because Einstein and others believed nothing could go faster than the speed of light. This perceived limit is wrong. A quasar shows a hydrogen emission line with an extreme red shift, even higher than c. That red shift means that tiny atom was moving faster than c at that brief moment it emitted that wavelength.
3. STR proposes this AO must have a distorted frame of reference as c is approached. The frame of reference is called spacetime and its distortion is spacetime curvature.
4. No other observer can see the AO's spacetime. This is often called the twin paradox.
5. The space time curvature affect's the path of the AO like that of gravity from the mass being passed. STR replaces gravity.
6. A very large mass results in large curvature in the AO's spacetime.
7. With an extreme mass the curvature collapses to a single point in the space time geometry.
8. This geometric point is given the misleading label of black hole. There is no hole because the geometric point has no size.
9. The pictures are intentionally misleading. This point, called a black hole, has no size so every image must show no physical hole. Perhaps an arrow graphic could identify the location of the geometric point.
4 is important. Only the AO could see a black hole 'point' or have his path curved by it.
There are no black holes in the entire universe except the one that theoretically would affect the path of the AO. No one anywhere can actually see a geometric point in their own spacetime or another's.
The post had several artist renditions of 'black' 'holes' but all are not a point.These illustrations do not reflect what STR describes.
These mistakes reveal the problem when taking the theory and trying to understand how to describe it in the real world. This attempt is a failure, as described above.
The post refers to black hole gravity.
There is no gravity from this point; instead the AO has spacetime curvature at that point in the geometry.
Because we are not the AO at the center of a galaxy it is impossible for us to 'see' a black hole point there.
Hit back to go to previous page in history.
Here is the list of topics in this Cosmology Topic Group .
Ctrl + for zoom in; Ctrl - for zoom out ; Ctrl 0 for no zoom;
triple-tap for zoom to fit; pinch for zoom change; pinched for no zoom